Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and PhD from Yale University in Engineering and Applied Science.
Senior Faculty Fellow at Yale University where he teaches a management course, "Managing in Time of Rapid Change" and a Healthcare Executive MBA course on Healthcare Information Technology.
Has written two best selling- and award winning books: "Innovation: The Attacker's Advantage" (1986) and "Creative Destruction" (2001).
Richard (Dick) N. Foster serves the Mansa Investment Committee as a Senior Advisor to help guide the firm’s health care policy-driven investment strategy by conducting rigorous quantitative analyses and providing valuable market research.
- Managing Partner of Investment and Advisory Services, LLC (Invaserv)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer, Executive Committee
- W. M. Keck Foundation, Executive Committee
- Council for Aid to Education, Strategy Committee Chair
- Trust Company of the West, Audit Committee
- Innosight, LLC, Chair Compensation Committee
- Yale School of Medicine Dean’s Advisory Board
- MD in Healthcare, and Former Director and Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company (31 years)
- Former Athenahealth, Nominating & Governance Committee Chair
- Former Community Health Data Initiative (joint venture of the Department of Health & Human Services and the Institute of Medicine) National Meeting Chair